One Syrian soldier was killed and at least 18 people were wounded by a car bomb that exploded on Tuesday outside a Defense Ministry building in Damascus, authorities said.
Soldiers had discovered a different bomb near the building in the capital’s Bab Sharqi district and were trying to dismantle it when the car bomb went off nearby, the Defense Ministry said in a statement carried by state media.
The head of Syria’s ambulance and emergency directorate, Najib al-Nassan, told state-owned agency SANA that 18 injured people had been taken to hospitals after the explosion.
No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
